- The book
Solution Techniques for Elementary Partial Differential Equationswas included on the list of Outstanding Academic Titles for 2002 selected by Choice, a publication of the American Library Association. A second edition was published in 2010, and a third edition will be published in 2015. Instructors who adopt the book for classroom teaching should request a copy of the Solutions Manual from the publisher. If they encounter any problems, then they should contact the author directly. A pdf file of the text for use on a projector and an updated errata pdf file are also available directly from the author.
- The Tau Beta Pi Professor of the Month Award (2002).
- The Scotch and Smokes Award from the Mortar Board Honor Society (2004).
- The Kermit E. Brown Award for Teaching Excellence, College of Engineering and Natural Sciences (2005).
- The University of Tulsa Outstanding Teacher Award (2005).
- The Scotch and Smokes Award from the Mortar Board Honor Society (2008).